SkillSource is a non-profit, group training organization with a mandate to increase access to trades training and work experience for apprentices. We sponsor and match apprentices with specific employers to learn the full scope of a trade and build industry-leading skills.
SkillSource is committed to building a qualified trades’ workforce for small, medium and large businesses. We offer our Host Employers a flexible workforce by supplying skilled apprentices for short term or long term work experience.
At SkillSource we understand the value of human capital to meet business objectives today, and in the future. Our specialized placement, apprenticeship and workforce development services help increase productivity and achieve meaningful results.
We offer an alternative approach to apprenticeship
SkillSource sponsors qualified apprentices and makes them available to employers when they need them. We offer a comprehensive range of apprenticeship supports including:
- Screening, recruitment and selection
- Sponsoring out-of-trade apprentices
- Placing our apprentices with host employers for work experience
- Tracking and administration
- Issue management - ITA liaison
- Assistance in securing tax credits and grants
- On-the-job monitoring and apprentice support
- Placement services in the event of a layoff
- Ensuring rotation to build diversified skills